Welcome to the City of Daytona Beach Land Development Code website. This website is your place for information and announcements regarding the rewrite to the City of Daytona Beach's Land Development Code (LDC). The primary purpose of this project is to implement the city's recently completed Vision Plan, the updated Comprehensive Plan, and the Redevelopment Area Plans, as well as to update obsolete development standards. Your continued participation and input will make a real difference in determining how the City of Daytona Beach continues to grow, develop, and redevelop.
How will the process work?
The LDC rewrite process kicked-off in late 2009 under the guidance of the city's planning division and an advisory group from the Planning Board. The city hired a team led by Clarion Associates, a national land-use and zoning consulting firm with offices in Florida, to assist the community with this process.
The rewrite is being carried out in three phases:
- Phase One: Public meetings and interviews took place to gather input for the LDC rewrite. Phase One is completed.
- Phase Two: The consultants produced a code diagnosis/annotated outline that identified the amendments that were needed for the LDC. Phase Two is completed.
- Phase Three: The consultant and city is currently involved in Phase Three of the project, rewriting the LDC.
Read more about the LDC rewrite process and the schedule on the FAQs page.
Find copies of the work products from each project phase in the Work Products sidebar or on the Available Downloads page.
How can you get involved?
The City Commission, Planning Board, city staff, and consultants thank you for your continued help and feedback.
You help shape the future development in the City of Daytona Beach by:
- Participating in the meetings and events scheduled throughout the project.
- Reviewing meeting summaries that are posted here.
- Reviewing and commenting on the code diagnosis/annotated outline and other project work products.
- Signing up to receive email announcements, meeting interviews, and work product notices - see Signup for Emails in the sidebar.
- Submitting your comments and suggestions.
- Planning Board & Economic Development Advisory Board Sub-committee
Mon, July 8, 2013 at 4:30 P.M.
Meeting on Code Testing
City Hall, Conference Room 149B
301 South Ridgewood Ave.